Switching to good habits can bring you healthy and happier life as achieving either happiness or good health both are an inside job, thus it needs a healthy body and mind, which can only happen with your small efforts towards your own well being. I am sharing few ways to achieve it.
- Drink lots of water, you must have heard this million times before, though it is the simplest thing to do we forget it most of the time in our busy routine. We just have to remind self every hour either by reminder or you can keep a litre bottle with you and make a target to refill it 3-4 times a day.
2. Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables since fruits and vegetables which are not seasonal are grown with injections of chemicals, hormones and coated with synthetic colours and wax which can lead to serious health problems. Moreover, they are costly too.
3. Replace fried and processed snacks with healthy roasted whole grains like popcorns, puffed wheat, lotus-seeds etc.
4. Accept yourself, accept your mistakes, stop blaming yourself for small things, appreciate yourself for how far you have come with those mistakes as stepping stones. Love yourself more than anything, Do what you love daily at least for one hour like playing, dancing, jumping, yoga, listening songs, spending time in nature, call your best people, a simple walk, cooking etc, it can be anything. It will help you relieve stress and put you in a happy bubble.
5. Avoid these three whites, table salt, refined flour and sugar.
Mind your portion, eat everything but in moderation. Trick yourself into eating less by serving on a small plate.
6. Get up and move in every 30-6o minutes, work your muscles regularly as no one can do it for you, not even your diet. Your body works with the balance of your diet and workout. So move every hour.
7. Eat homemade food as it is made with love, keeping your good health in mind. It is hygienic and has high nutritional value. Whereas food sold in restaurants is processed and is made just for taste, your health is not their concern.
8. Replace aerated drinks, caffeinated drinks and canned juices with water, fresh juices, lemonade, buttermilk and other natural drinks. Replace dangerous trans fats (pastries, creams, vanaspati, wafers etc.) with healthy fats like unsaturated fats and omega-3.
9. Adopt a pet, they are true companions and the real stress busters. They will fill all the voids in your life and will give you all of their love.
So these are some of my ways to healthy life. I have left the 10th habit as I would love to get one habit from you for a healthy life. I would be happy if you could share one with me in the comment section. 🙂
Lots of love