Whether you are an athlete or a beginner who has just started hitting the gym, getting done with some pre-workout rituals are as important to you as working out itself. What you follow before and after your workout is also an important factor which is going to decide your results. You can meet better results with the same workout if you follow some simple gym rituals. There are few factors which help you progress.
From preparing at home for the gym to starting the workout, there are few things to remember to make your workout effective and happy. Here, I have shared some simple pre-workout routines for high performance and better results:
1.Enough sleep: Your muscle recovery is at full pace while you rest, it is most often said that “rest-time” is “grow-time” and there is no better rest than sleep. The better and longer you sleep, the less you will feel soreness in your muscles thus, it rejuvenates you for next workout session.
2. Stay HYDRATED: Though it is for everyone whether you go to a gym or not, if you have joined a gym there is no option of skipping drinking lots of water as you lose it in sweat and are most probably on a protein-rich diet. Drinking at least of 3 to 4 litres water is beneficial for you. Make sure to drink a glass of water 15 minutes before heading to the gym.
3. If you are still living with this misleading myth that working out on an empty stomach will burn more fat than you have to change this now. The downfall of doing so will overweight the benefits. You are directly causing a disfavor to your body by working out on empty stomach. Fasting body workout has not shown any good results. As it is only going to shed your muscles instead of fats, moreover you will feel low and fatigue during the workout, chances are you may cause an injury. On contrary having a light snack rich in carbohydrate and protein half an hour before workout will raise endurance levels and you can perform with full energy. Moreover, it will start protein synthesis in your body and helps you in building a lean body. You will still be feeling energetic after the workout.
4. Before heading to the gym check out if you are properly dressed:
- Your body is clean and well-moisturized: as your skin gets dehydrated after losing water through sweating, especially your face.
- You are wearing comfortable and breathable clothes, which provides full motility to your body parts and are neither too loose nor too tight.
- Tie your hair as you feel comfortable but don’t leave them loose/running on your face
- A comfortable sports shoes with a good sole/cushion to absorb minor shocks
- A pair of weight-lifting gloves
Gym bag: A water sipper, a hand-towel, sanitizer, few nuts(peanuts/walnuts), a piece of dark chocolate and a track jacket.
5. Get your muscles ready for the workout by warming up: it includes some cardio and stretching and lasts about 20 to 30 minutes, which gives plentiful time to your muscles to get active and ready your mind to workout by driving oxygen throughout your body. It also keeps you from any muscle strains and injuries.
I hope you find it useful. I will be sharing a during and post-workout routines soon, let me know in comments how you liked it and do not hesitate to ask any questions. I am happy to solve your queries. 🙂
Lots of Love